American Express is partnering with Insider to offer an exclusive discount to eligible American Express Card Members that do not have an active subscription to Insider.
What does this American Express/Insider partnership offer?
Black, SBS, and Centurion cardmembers will receive a complimentary subscription to Insider for one year and save $20 off their renewed annual plan in the next year. Other card members will receive a 6 months complimentary subscription to Insider plus $20 off their renewed annual plan in the first year. A subscription to Insider includes access to all premium coverage and selected subscriber-exclusive benefits. Discounts apply when eligible card members subscribe by June 30, 2021. Terms Apply. See full terms at businessinsider.com/american-express-terms.
If I have an American Express Card. Can I claim the offer?
This offer is available to all American Express Card Members globally, Corporate Card Members, and Card Members with American Express Cards issued by third parties. Card Members who already have an active subscription to Insider, cannot claim the offer. Furthermore, Prepaid, Reloadable, and Gift Cards are not eligible for the offer. The discount level depends on the card type, as stated in the first paragraph.
How do I claim the offer?
To sign up for a subscription to Insider at the preferred rates:
- Navigate to www.americanexpress.com/partnerbenefits, and follow the prompts on the page. Depending on your card type, you will be redirected to the appropriate Insider offer page.
- You will be asked to create an account if you do not already have one, or log in to your existing Insider account. If you already have an active subscription to Insider, unfortunately, you're not eligible to take advantage of this offer.
- From there, use an eligible American Express Card to verify your eligibility and subscribe to Insider. If you have used a Corporate Card to confirm eligibility, you will be prompted to input a card for payment, to be saved for future billing cycles. Although you can input your Corporate Card number twice, you should only do so if your company's expense policy permits you to charge a subscription to Insider to your U.S. American Express Corporate Card.
- Once you have completed the process, your Insider subscription will be active, and you will be able to access Insider's premium coverage, plus subscriber-exclusive benefits across all platforms, including businessinsider.com and the Insider app.
I have an eligible American Express Card but I already have a subscription to Insider. Can I still receive this offer?
No, this introductory offer is limited to new customers who don't already have an active subscription to Insider.
I've signed up for my Insider subscription using my eligible American Express Card, but I still cannot read any premium articles. What should I do?
Please make sure you are logged in to your Insider account using the same email address and password you used to sign up for your subscription. If you have any further trouble, please take a screenshot and complete our submit a request form. Once your request is received, a member of our Support team will be happy to assist you.
No matter what I do, I am unable to sign up. What should I do?
Please take a screenshot and complete our submit a request form. Once your request is received, a member of our Support team will be happy to assist you.
How do I turn off the auto-renewal of my subscription to Insider?
Your subscription to Insider will automatically renew and you will be auto-billed at the regular subscription price. If you would prefer to turn off auto-renewal, you can do so at any time by logging in to your Insider account and clicking the silhouette icon (👤 ) at the top right corner of your screen, click on the “Subscription” tab, then click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Why can’t I redeem this offer?
The American Express offer can only be redeemed through the American Express Partner Benefits page.
You will not receive the complimentary or discounted subscription offer if:
- You did not redeem the offer through the American Express Partner Benefits page
- You have signed up for an auto-renewing Insider subscription through Apple's App Store, the Google Play Store, or any other platform not located on the businessinsider.com website
I am an American Express Card Member, but I did not receive my subscription at a complimentary or discounted promotional rate offer. How do I get this resolved?
If you redeemed the offer through the offer landing page by American Express and received
an incorrect charge, please reach out to our Support team by completing our submit a request form.
I have multiple American Express Cards, am I eligible for more than one subscription to Insider?
Yes, one subscription offer is available per eligible American Express Card.